105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

Redcar Town extended their advantage at the top of the second tier, while Redcar Athletic lost out at Kader in another busy Teesside League weekend.

Redcar Town increase their lead at the top of the second division after a 6-4 victory at third placed Yarm, a brace from Jack Dalton gave Yarm a 2-0 lead before Stuart Poulter pulled it back to 2-1 before a Ben Sandie brace gave Redcar Town a 3-2 half time lead, nine minutes into the second half Poulter made it 4-2 with Josh Butters making it 5-2 on the hour, Poulter completed his hat trick with a 66th minute penalty to make it 6-2 before Dalton completed his hat trick with his 28th of the season, he now leads the second division goal scoring chart, when he made it 6-3 with four minutes remaining Famara Jaffa made it a final score of 6-4 with his first for the club from the penalty spot, St Mary’s College lost ground after being held to a 1-1 draw with Middleton Rangers, after a goalless first half, Rafal Kochanski gave Middleton Rangers the lead from the penalty spot in which St Mary’s had their keeper sent off, St Mary’s drew level with the last kick of the game when Ben Cotts scored to make it 1-1, Kader won 2-1 at Redcar Athletic when Matthew Mitchell gave Kader the lead just before half time, Ben Jones made it 2-0 on the hour before Kyran Clark made it a final score of 2-1, Staithes Athletic defeated Cargo Fleet AFC 2-0 with Jordan McDonald scoring a goal in each half to secure the Staithes victory while the Billingham derby resulted in a 3-0 victory for Synthonia at Billingham FC, who scored through Ashley Lavan in the 14th minute, Nathan Aldridge in the 30th minute and James Ascough six minutes later.

Thornaby Dubliners are through to the May 4th Bank Holiday Monday Final of the Raine Trophy after a 2-0 victory at Richmond Mavericks after James Hackett opened the scoring after seven minutes, Anton Buchan secured the victory with ten minutes remaining to earn a place in the final against New Marske.

Whinney Banks YCC remain top of the first division with an eight point lead and their unbeaten record intact after racing into a 3-0 lead against Redcar Newmarket with a Lee Mahon hat trick, Newmarket who then managed to pull it back to 3-2 with goal from Chris Hodgson and Craig Skelton but Whinney Banks saw out the match for the three points, BEADS FC keep the pressure on the leaders with a 3-1 victory over Stockton West End who now look out of the running, Michael McLaughlin gave West end a 15th minute lead but James Allen made it 1-1 at half time, five minutes into the second half Lee Ure gave BEADS the lead before Carl Lilly secured the victory, Grangetown Boys Club had a comfortable 5-0 victory over basement club North Ormesby with Michael Wilson scoring in the 22nd minute, Danny Maloney scored a brace to make it 3-0 at half time, second half goals from Adam Holloway and Marc Drury made it a final score of 5-0, Thirsk Falcons who are 21 points behind but with three games in hand defeated Fishburn Park 4-1 with Stuart Rose scoring a hat trick, Tom James also scored while James Organ –Simpson replied for Fishburn, New Marske won 4-1 at Great Ayton United with Luke Nicholson scoring a hat trick, Clark Reader was also on target for New Marske while Mark Shinwell scored from the penalty for Ayton, Nunthorpe Athletic fought back from 2-0 down to earn a 2-2 draw against Lingdale FC, Ryan Peebles gave Lingdale a 3rd minute lead with Lee Preston making it 2-0 after twenty minutes, James Hewitt scored just before half time to pull it back to 2-1 before Anthony Able made it 2-2.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information