105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

Redcar Town are celebrating after a double-figure victory earned them a cup showpiece double, on Saturday.

Redcar Town firm favourites for promotion to division one, are through to their second final of the season after they trounced Billingham Synthonia 13-2 in the semi-finals of the Burness Plate, Ben Sandie scored four times, as did Richard Playforth, Adam Chung and Sam Wheatley scored a brace and Shaun Taylor also on target, they will play Yarm FC in the Easter Bank Holiday Monday at New Marske, after Yarm won 1-0 at Staithes Athletic with Jack Dalton scoring the winner from the penalty spot against the run of play.

New Marske are through to the final of the RT Raine Trophy Final after a 2-0 victory at second division Guisborough Globe, an own goal by Chris Bulmer gave New Marske a 12th minute lead with Luke Nicholson securing the victory with five minutes of the match remaining, New Marske will have to wait to see who they play in the early May Bank Holiday Monday final, as Richmond Mvrks and Thornaby Dubliners meet next Saturday in the second semi-final.

Whinney Banks YCC remain eight points clear at the top of division one after they had a 6-0 victory away to Stockton West End, with Lee Mahon and Danny Lockwood both scoring a brace each, Callum Wilson opened the scoring and Ben Hugill also on target, BEADS remain in second after a 2-0 victory over Thirsk Falcons, , Steven Bell scored on the hour with Karl Lilly making sure of the points with ten minutes remaining, some consolation is that Thirsk have been placed into the Final of the Saturday County Cup after the team who beat them 3-2, Dringhouses were found to have played two ineligible players in their semi-final meeting last week, Thornaby Dubliners won 3-1 at Redcar Newmarket with Russel Spence, Anton Buchan and Dave Burton all on target in the second half, after Craig Skelton had given Newmarket a 1-0 half time lead, Lingdale defeated Richmond Mavericks 3-0 with a goal in each half from new signing Chris Harland, Lee Preston scored in between, Grangetown Boys Club fought back to draw 2-2 at Fishburn Park, Sam Pike made it 1-0 to Fishburn after eight minutes, Danny Maloney made it 1-1 for half time, a spectacular Jason Walker own goal gave Fishburn a 2-1 lead on the hour, but Danny Lloyd made it 2-2 with a 75th minute penalty, and Nunthorpe Athletic 4-2 victory over Great Ayton United, lifted them off the bottom of the table, Anthony Able gave Nunthorpe the lead, but Ashley Woodier quickly made it 1-1, Able scored again to make it 2-1 at half time and a minute into the second half made it 3-1 with his hat trick goal, Jack Lidster made it 4-1 before Joe Marsay made the final score 4-2 with ten minutes remaining.

In the only two second division games played, Loftus Athletic defeated Kader FC 5-1 thanks to a Joe Jackson 6th minute opener, Matthew Griffin made it 2-0 before a Liam Coulter penalty pulled it back to 2-1 but a Martyn Say hat trick secured the Loftus victory and Cargo Fleet AFC surprisingly defeated St Mary’s College 4-2, Luke Pink gave Fleet a 3rd minute lead, Jonny Squires pulled it back to 1-1 at half time, five minutes into the second half James Myers made it 2-1 to Fleet, Sean Harland then made it 3-1 on the hour and an own goal made it 4-1 before Jack Sedgwick made it a final score of 4-2.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information