105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

Redcar Town continue their fine form with Athletic also doing the business in Teesside's second tier, last Saturday.

Town keep their three point lead at the top of division two intact after a thumping 9-0 victory over Cargo Fleet, Ben Sandie scored four times in the 16th, 55th, a 71st minute penalty and in the 84th minute, the second time he has achieved this feat, Richard Playforth scored a brace in the 38th and 58th minute, with Dave Hitch opening the scoring with a first minute penalty, Craig Marsay scored on the hour and Steve Thompson also on target, Boro Rangers trail by three points, but have played a game more after a 4-1 victory over St Mary’s College Peter Snaith gave the Rangers a fifth minute lead, Tony Wilson pulled it back to 1-1 but Snaith made it 2-1 at half time, Ben Wheatley came on as a second half substitute and set up Dean Talukder in the 70th and 78th minute to secure the points, Yarm FC lost for the second week in a row going down 4-2 at Staithes Athletic, Jordan McDonald and Ryan Gibson gave Staithes a 2-0 lead inside five minutes, Jack Dalton pulled it back to 2-1 with his 22nd of the season before Gibson made it 3-1 at half time, on the hour Steve Starsmore made it 4-1 before Matthew Bayston made it a final score of 4-2, Loftus Athletic move up to forth after a 2-1 victory at Guisborough Globe, after a goalless first half Gary Smithies gave Loftus a 1-0 lead ten minutes into the second half, Tony Sivills made it 2-0 ten minutes later but Lewis Reeve pulled it back to 2-1 with ten minutes remaining, Kader won 4-1 at Billingham Synthonia, Matthew Mitchell and Ben Jones gave Kader a 2-0 half time lead, Jones added the third in the 65th minute before James Tattersfield pulled it back to 3-1 but Conor Bagan scored with ten minutes remaining to secure a 4-1 victory. Redcar Athletic won 3-1 at Middleton Rangers Rafal Kochanski with his 22nd of the season gave Middleton Rangers an 8th minute lead, Lee Blackburn made it 1-1 at half time, on the hour Alex Maphonsa with his first for the club gave Athletic a 2-1 lead and ten minutes later Jack Rose scored to secure the 3-1 victory.

Whinney Banks YCC remain top of the first division now with an eight point lead after they beat Thornaby Dubliners 6-1 with Danny Lockwood scoring a hat trick and Lee Mahon a brace, the first his 200th goal for the club, with Jack Campbell who was a thorn in the Dubliners side all game also on target, Matthew Allen scored for the Dubliners, BEADS who for the second week running could have reduced the gap slipped to a 3-2 defeat at Great Ayton United, Richard Cook gave BEADS the lead but Ashley Woodier made it 1-1 before Michael Croft gave Ayton a 2-1 half time lead, on the hour Cook made it 2-2 but with five minutes remaining Joe Marsay secured the Ayton victory, Grangetown Boys Club match at Thirsk Falcons was postponed as was Richmond Mavericks and Stockton West End, both because of frost bound pitches, Redcar Newmarket beat basement club Nunthorpe Athletic 2-1 thanks to recently transferred Jonathan Burton who scored after five minutes and 88 minutes, Anthony Able made it 1-1 in the 85th minute, New Marske came from behind to beat Lingdale 2-1 Shaun Howes gave Lingdale the lead after 35 minutes, Ryan Bennions made it 1-1 two minutes later with Luke Johnson scoring the winner in the 80th minute, Fishburn came from 2-0 behind to win 3-2 at North Ormesby, Dave Pattison and Danny Jones gave North Ormesby a 2-0 half time lead, but on the hour Matthew Towey made it 2-1, Dominic Wilson made it 2-2 ten minutes later and Towey scored the winner in the 75th minute.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information