105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

A further 164 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed on Teesside;

Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council has announced it will be distributing a winter support package of over £522,000, to help vulnerable residents in Redcar & Cleveland during the coronavirus pandemic;

...and a temporary booking system at Dunsdale Recycling Centre is to be extended in an effort to prevent queues over the festive period.

 

A further 164 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed on Teesside.

Wednesday's daily figures showed the biggest increase was again in Stockton, with 54 cases.

In Middlesbrough there were 47 new cases, which here in Redcar and Cleveland there were a further 31.

Teesside is still in Tier 3 restrictions, with the Government scheduled to announce any changes later today.

 

Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council has announced it will be distributing a winter support package of over £522,000, to help vulnerable residents in Redcar & Cleveland during the coronavirus pandemic.

The winter grant scheme will run from December 2020 to the end of March 2021 and will be targeted at supporting vulnerable residents.

The Government introduced the new £170 million Covid winter grant scheme to provide extra targeted financial support for those affected by the pandemic with the cost of food, energy and water bills and other costs over the winter period.

The funding is ring-fenced so that 80% of the total is used for support with food, energy costs and water bills with the other 20% for other essential expenditure linked to the scheme including boiler repairs, blankets or warm clothing.

 

A temporary booking system at Dunsdale Recycling Centre is to be extended in an effort to prevent queues over the festive period.

The system has been in place since 6 November when essential sewage works were being carried out near the site affecting the entrance road.

Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council have taken the decision to keep the system in place until January, as the facility can become extremely busy after Christmas.

Appointments are available from 8am to 5pm, seven days a week except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

To book a slot, visit the council's website


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information