105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

For the first time, the number of Coronavirus cases in our area has not increased in the past 24 hours;

A pensioner has been arrested in connection with the discovery of human bones which were found on an area of remote farmland;

...and works on the A66 throughabout will re-start next week following new government guidance.

 

For the first time, the number of Coronavirus cases in our area has not increased in the past 24 hours.

According to the latest figures published yesterday by Public Health England, there have been currently 297 confirmed Coronavirus cases in Redcar and Cleveland, out of a local population of just under 137,000 people.

That figure has remained static since yesterday.

There are currently 509 cases confirmed in Middlesbrough, a figure which has also remained static since yesterday.

 

A pensioner has been arrested in connection with the discovery of human bones which were found on an area of remote farmland.

The remains were found near Chop Gate on the edge of the North York Moors on March 31.

Forensic archaeologists said the bones are male and are likely to have been there for more than fifty years.

North Yorkshire Police said the 72-year-old arrested man, from the York area, has been interviewed and released on conditional bail.

They would not confirm the suspected offence he had been arrested for.

Anyone with information that could help the investigation is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

 

Works on the A66 throughabout will re-start next week following new government guidance.

The Cargo Fleet Junction improvement site was closed down last month due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As a result of the shutdown and the ongoing crisis, it is likely that the completion of the scheme will be delayed by three months to sometime in August.

The decision was taken by Middlesbrough Council in consultation with scheme contractor AE Yates to protect workers and members of the public.

Work is now set to re-start on site on Monday, May 4 in light of new government guidance on safe working in the construction sector during the ongoing lockdown.


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information