105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

A round up of Local News in Redcar and Cleveland for Friday 16th September 2016

Police have recovered a stolen motorbike which was being driven dangerously in our area.

Officers received a number of calls yesterday reporting youths riding the motorbike dangerously in Dormanstown.

A Police Community Support Officer on footpatrol spotted a number of youths who decided to leave the motorbike and run off as she approached.

Further investigations revealed that the motorcycle had recently been stolen from the Guisborough area.

It has now been recovered and will be returned to its rightful owner.

Officers have thanked the members of the public who alerted them to the motorbike and the way it was being ridden.


Police are appealing for information after a man attacked a small Whippet dog on the field on Millbrook Avenue in Thorntree.

The incident occurred at around 2pm on Wednesday when a man on an off-road trials bike was riding on the field. The bike was driven towards the dog, the rider then skidded the bike and kicked the dog in the head.

The dog was kicked with such force that it sustained severe injuries, including fluid on the eye and a dislocated jaw and is currently receiving ongoing veterinary treatment.

After the attack the man was verbally abusive towards the owner of the dog and then rode off onto College Road.

The suspect is described as aged in his early twenties with short, blonde hair which was curly on top. He was wearing a grey T-shirt, grey tracksuit bottoms and the trials bike he was riding was dark in colour, possibly due to it being covered in mud, with a red tank and a ripped seat, which appeared to have string or hay coming from it.

Anyone with information regarding the identity of the suspect or of the incident is asked to call Detective Constable Rachel Morgan on the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.


Lifeboat crews from our area were in action yesterday.

The crew from Whitby lifeboat worked through the night to assist Staithes RNLI with a yacht that had ran aground north of Staithes.

Whitby RNLI launched their all weather lifeboat at 12.30am yesterday and made their way through heavy fog to the yacht which was then towed back to harbour returning at 3.30am.

The inshore lifeboat was launched to assist entry through the piers.

All three passengers on board the yacht were safely removed earlier in the day by crews from Staithes and Runswick RNLI.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information