105FM :: Local Radio for Redcar & Cleveland

A round up of Local News in Redcar and Cleveland for Friday 19th August 2016.

Police have issued an appeal for witnesses following a collision involving a motorbike and a car in Guisborough.

The incident occurred on Wednesday at around 5:35pm when a red Honda motorbike and a blue Ford Mondeo collided on Wilton Lane in Guisborough.

The 18-year-old male rider of the motorbike was taken to James Cook University Hospital with several back fractures.

A 16-year-old male passenger who was travelling in the Ford Mondeo was also taken to James Cook University Hospital where he was treated for a broken ankle.

Anyone with information regarding the collision is asked to contact PC Andrew Lawson from the Cleveland and Durham Specialist Operations Unit on the non-emergency number 101, quoting event number 149352.

 

Members of the public are being asked to help to trace two stolen mountain bikes.

Police are seeking two bikes which were stolen in a burglary to David Slack Motors, at the beginning of August.

Thieves smashed into the motor showroom on Prospect Place in Middlesbrough overnight between Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd August, stealing two mountain bikes, a Merida Big 7 XT TFS worth around £1,300 and a Merida Ride 300 worth around £850.

Anyone with information on the stolen bikes can contact PC Scott Pearson on 101.

 

Cleveland Fire Brigade are urging people to clean out their grills and chuck out their chip pans after a spate of fires in the last four weeks.

The Brigade has been called to several grill pan and chip pan fires in Redcar and Cleveland and Middlesbrough in the last month.

The most recent incident left an elderly lady with burns to her hands and face.

Cleaning surfaces can only take a few seconds but can be vital in reducing the chances of fat bursting into flames and causing serious damage, injury or even death.

Firefighters have also been called to a number of pan fires where cooking has been left unattended. We can’t stress enough how dangerous it is to leave your cooking unattended. And please chuck out your chip pan – it could save your life.”

“The message is quite stark and simple. Take extra care when cooking and don’t put yourself or your family at risk.


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information